Friday, August 25, 2006

28 plates for three people WTF!

After wakeing up this beatiful humid morning (the humidity is killing you, if you haven't experienced a weather simillar to this you have not, I repeat not experienced Korean weather) You take a shower 2 minutes later you sweat like a pig.. anyway I have to wait untill 11.00 because me and Hee Jung had set a time so she could show me around the city (Kimhae). When she arrives she takes me to lunch (breakfast for me) I don't get much down, because my stomache is not used to Korean food yet.

After that we go and meet two of her friends, and guess what they want to eat so I go with them I don't eat anything though. The food ir really, really freakish well made compared to Swedish standards I can't belive my eyes.. and it's dirt cheap like 5 dollars or something..

The dinner went so fast, because Koreans seems to be champions when it comes to speed eating, unbeliveble... When they are finished we separate again and Hee Jung takes me to the supermarket.. It's very odd compared to what I'm used to. I mean they have like 15 times more store clerks than in Sweden.. They have really peculiar food I tried Smashed little crabs... it was hot like all the food in Korea. by the way you haven't eaten hot food if you haven't eaten Korean food I repeat you haven't eaten hot food if you haven't eaten Korean food, because this is the truth..

Later on I'm by myself I go back to the supermarket to try and buy one piece of soap.. The store clerks are very helpful but they don't understand a word of English.. This one girl asks me blablablablabla (in korean) I say I'm sorry I only know English, She imediatly begins to laugh/blush, and runs away for her clerk friend. So what happens is one clerk becomes 2 clerks, 2 clerks suddenly becomes 3 this goes on and on untill they finally manages to be 7 clerks for just me.. After a major battle in trying to understand each other English (I win), one of them understands and makes a geasture for me to follow her. I do and she takes me to some expensive rice soap, that supposedly lightens your skin.. I don't want to buy i, because it is expensive and I'm cheap at the moment. However I can't put it down either because they have put so much effort into the whole thing now, so I buy it (they win)..

The evening is spent at a traditionell restaurant, it's awesome first time for me sitting on the floor and eating. the food itsel is mind blowing we are 3 persons and we get 28 plates (small) but diffrent stuff on each and everyone.. it taste good, or most it does anyway.. we can't even finish it so for this grand meal we pay a total of 18 dollars that included a bottle of seyuu (I think it's spelled that way) Koreans anwser to Sake.

No comments: